Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: Santee Color pop palette

Santee Color Pop Palette

Cost: $12.95 at Pennywise Cosmetics Trinidad
This palette consist of 18 eyeshadows in a plastic compact. The shadows are of three finishes: you get matte, shimmer and glitter shadows.
In swatching this palette, the bright colors like the purple and the blush along with the greens are pretty pigmented. I had no hopes for this palette, I was attracted to it because of two reasons, one the colors looked so pretty and two I saw matte colors and i got excited :)
In swatching these shadows I realise that about 5 out of the 18 were not well pigmented. about 10 out of the 18 shadows were also chalky in nature. Some of the very pigmented colors did appear to be a bit chalky so one would definitely have to use a base.
Application: Like I said in swatching the shadows quite a few appeared to be quite chalky. One would definitely need to use primer and a base for these shadows.
Wear time: The wear time for these seem to be about 3-4 hours. I used a base and primer and did not get a long wear. I however went for a more neutral eye with just a pop of color, Did not use the really pigmented blue and purple.

I would rate this palette a 2.5 out of 5. It isn't something I would repurchase. However, there is still some sort of merit in some of the colors as its not all together bad. For the person who loves color, this palette would work well. for the person who is now starting out their collection, this palette would be a good addition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found out about Santee palettes by accident and they are the bomb! So pigmented and they're amazing!!